Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

"But you can make a difference, with courage you can set things right. The gift to dream and make dreams real is yours and mine." That quote seems like a cliché motivational one.

Now, look at the next quote, from the same song:

"Life can be a challenge; life can seem impossible, but it's never easy when there's so much on the line."

Yes, I am seriously going to defend Herman Cain quoting Pokémon.
Look, I disagree with this guy on nearly everything. 9-9-9? Give me a break. And exactly what is his health care plan? Oh wait, he doesn't have one.

But let's look at the song. There's really nothing bad about it. He could quote some other motivational song, or a motivational poem, but this does the job just as well. It's not like he's quoting Slowking saying "I could use pants" (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-december-5-2011/indecision-2012---the-sh-t-s-gettin--real)(No, I did not remember that; I was just watching The Daily Show). Taking the quote out of the context of Pokémon, and it doesn't seem immature at all. Just really cheesy, like every other motivational song.

No comments:

Post a Comment